Fishing at Ohrbach Lake
Please note that that William H. Pouch Scout Camp is private property. We are closed July 4th, Labor Day Weekend, and October 7-12, 2021.
What to Bring:
- Camp Pouch Fishing Pass (required)
- Pouch Camp charges $10 for a daily fishing pass.
- Passes are limited to promote social distancing, and will be provided on a first come first served basis.
- NYS Freshwater Fishing License (Required for ages 16+).
- For NYS fishing license information, visit the NYS DEC website.
- Lead-free fishing sinkers (required) for ½ ounce or less weights
- Lost or discarded lead weights dissolve slowly over time. Exposure to low amounts of lead is toxic to both humans and wildlife.
- Non-stainless steel hooks (recommended)
- If lost or swallowed by a fish, non-stainless steel hooks will rust, dissolve, and disappear quicker than stainless steel hooks.
- Barbless hooks (required)
- Barbless hooks are easier to remove, causing fewer fish injuries.
By observing the following regulations when fishing at Pouch Camp, you will help preserve our marine resources for future generations to enjoy. For state and federal regulations please visit the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation website.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Catch and release only.
- All NY State fishing rules and regulations apply at all times.
- If applicable, Fishing Club members must always wear their wristband.
- Fishing is permitted from 8am to Sundown with the following exceptions:
- No fishing weekdays between 9am – 4pm from June 28, 2021 to August 27, 2021 when Day Camp is in session.
- No fishing on Mondays and Tuesdays in September and October.
- No fishing when there is ice on the lake.
- No fishing when lightning and or thunder can be seen or heard.
- No fishing is permitted in the swimming area or Blue Boat Launch Area.
- Food and Drink are allowed in the parking areas only. Please carry out all trash and garbage. No Littering.
- Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs of any kind are never permitted on camp property.
- No watercraft of any kind is permitted on the lake.
- Membership is valid from April 1 to October 30, 2021
- The property may be temporarily closed to fishing as deemed appropriate by the Camp Ranger.
- The Camp Ranger has the authority to revoke any membership for any reason.
The authorized person uses this membership at his/her own risk/responsibility and agrees to hold harmless The Greater New York Councils, Boy Scouts of America, its officers, agents and employees from any and all liability or obligation for damages, loss or injury arising out of his/her acts or use of the Camp Pouch Property. The Greater New York Councils accepts no responsibility for vehicles on camp property.